Very recently, Bing held a webinar around dynamic search ad campaigns and how to utilise these for improved conversions on your site. This seems like a perfect and natural opportunity to outline our experience of utilising this method of paid search for our own clients and our findings as to the impact this has had on account performance.
Findings from our most recent experiment with DSA
- 33:1 ROI
- Considerably lower CPC
- 50% higher CPA
What are dynamic search ads
Dynamic search ads have the same structure as a normal search ad, however, instead of setting the headers yourself, Google crawls your page of choice and sets the headers based on what users search for. This means that your ads are highly targeted, extremely accurate and are more likely to entice a user to click through to your website. After all, if you had to choose between an ad that had your exact search term and one that didn’t, it would be unlikely for you to choose the latter.
Example of a Dynamic Search Ad on a desktop
Example of a Dynamic Search Ad on a mobile
Dynamic search ads are perfect for eCommerce companies that have an extremely high volume of products that may or may not change rapidly. They are especially useful for brand new accounts that have not collected any data yet, as once they have been running for a good amount of time, you can analyse the data to strategise which products you are going to advertise online and how much budget you are going to allocate to each new campaign.
Why use dynamic search ads
The beauty of dynamic search ads, whether you utilise them on Bing or AdWords (though we recommend trying it on both) is that you can start with very little and build a comprehensive strategy.
Benefits you can expect from a DSA campaign
- A lower CPC than other search ads: Which is perfect for a start-up business or an eCommerce site that offers a high volume of products with a limited budget.
- Higher lever of specificity: Although they are considered to be a broader approach to marketing, they are able to target a lot more than with more traditional forms of search
- Higher conversion rate: Because they are automated, the user will get exactly what it says on the tin if they click on your ad.
- Expandability: Once you are ready to expand your reach (whether geographically or with a new product) dynamic search ads can be activated with a small budget and scaled up so that you are able to understand exactly how much can and should be budgeted for your expansion plan.
- Easy management: No matter how many products you offer on your site, or how often you change or add new products, dynamic search ads require much less management than traditional search ads.
How to get started with dynamic search ads
If you have been convinced to take the leap into using dynamic search ads (and I hope we have), why not get in touch with one of our paid search specialists to carry out a review of your current account (or website if you do not currently have an AdWords or Bing account) and analyse how effective dynamic search ads could be for your business?