When you decide to create a website, you need to make multiple considerations and implement various strategies, to perform well in terms of raking position. Often these considerations are made when the accomplishment is still fresh and when enthusiasm flows high. After a while, however, there is a decrease of both these two initial feelings and the website position on the search results. In my opinion SEO is a process that should never be abandoned, which is why in this article we’d like to provide you with 6 tips on how to maintain the ranking you have reached so hardly!
Contents in brief:
- # 1 Get rid of duplicate content!
- # 2 Keywords are the key!
- # 3 Meta Description is a must
- # 4 Maintain the ranking with the keywords
- # 5 Use and optimise images
- # 6 Intelligent, Frequent, and Competitive Content
# 1 DISCOVER DUPLICED CONTENTS!
Duplicate content is certainly not a good SEO strategy; indeed, it is a real disaster at positioning. Google in fact appreciates and tends to favour sites that show consistently in producing original content, so they do not copy or duplicate. The phrase quoted in full, perhaps taken from another blog you’re inspired, will lead your site to be penalized by Google. This is because the search engine sees the same repeated content multiple times online and obviously prefers the original to the copied one. The same goes for eCommerce sites, which duplicate content is experienced. In fact, they often use the texts from producer sites as product descriptions. Not reworking these texts, all e-commerce selling a given product find themselves having identical pages without realizing it. This leads to heavy penalties by Google, including the one to end up at the bottom of the results pages. So, it becomes crucial to “clean up” your site from duplicate content and optimize descriptions or texts as much as possible. To help you understand what duplicate content is inside your site, you can help with specific tools like Copyscape or rely on a specialized SEO agency.
# 2 KEYWORDS ARE THE KEY!
“If you want to rank higher, you need to use the right keyword!”. Keywords are actually the engine that feeds your website. Without a keyword study and a relative search and comparison, you can not implement an appropriate SEO optimisation strategy and therefor getting a good search results position. This process is certainly not the fastest, as it includes initial brainstorming activities and analysis. However, once you find the right keywords you are half way there. You will then just need to track each keyword performance through specific tools provided by Google, such as Keyword Ad Planner.
# 3 META DESCRIPTION IS AN OBLIGATION.
Meta Description is one of the things that we often forget, that little description that appears under the Google pages results. That brief description, which cannot be longer than 156/160 characters, has a big responsibility: to capture the user’s curiosity and bring him to click on the page in question. It is therefore essential to elaborate captivating Meta Descriptions that instil the doubt and the desire to learn more, and of course contain the keyword and the call to action.
# 4 KEEP RANKING WITH KEY WORDS!
You must learn how to maximize the power of your keywords. This means that in addition to matching the keyword to a page, you must also include it in the URL, in the title tag, in the title of the page (if it is a blog article, the keyword must be inserted in the header of the same) in Meta Description, but also in the content of the page (texts) and even in the description of the images (ALT description / text).
# 5 USE AND OPTIMIZE IMAGES.
they are the most immediate online form of communication, just see the impact they are having on social networks: an image alone is capable of collecting many more “likes”, than a very well written post.
# 6 INTELLIGENT, FREQUENT AND COMPETITIVE CONTAINERS
have a specific weight in online communication, but they need content support to be really effective: a site without eye-catching content is a site worthless:
• Check your competitors: do you have a perfect topic in mind to meet the needs of any of your users and do not look forward to structuring it? Before you get overwhelmed by your enthusiasm, do a Google search to see if your competitors have already dealt with the topic and how. By inserting into the search engine “name of the competitor (or website) + keyword” you can specifically search for what interests you. If the topic on which you decided to write has been largely overwhelmed by a competitor, then you should concentrate on something else. You will avoid throwing away hours of precious work.
• Start a blog: Having a cool, dynamic web site is what you need to hit Google deep. In fact, there is nothing better than producing content in a regular and continuous way to boost your positioning. Not only will your site be valued by Google because it’s always up to date, but you will also be able to enter specific keywords in your articles and then earn keyword rankings other than those specifically used to promote your business.
SEO BEST PRACTICE CONCLUSIONS
Never be lazy and let all your initial work to slip over, because you don’t take care of your SEO! Keep your site up to the top of the results, do not let your competitors overwhelm you. With these 6 tips you can strengthen the structure of your SEO and confirming your website ranking position. So the only thing I have left to say here is to wish you Good SEO!